Good evening Parents and Guardians.
As we reflect upon the events of the last two days, our thoughts and prayers remain with the education community in Broward County.
Over the past 48 hours, students, parents and our staff have come together to make our district stronger in light of this tragedy. We want to thank those of you who have reported concerns, especially our students who when they see something, are saying something.
As Superintendent Dr. Greg Adkins and Lee County Undersheriff Carmine Marceno underscored in a news conference yesterday, the safety and security of students is our highest priority.
With that in mind, we wanted to share some of the things we currently do, and will continue to build upon in the next days and weeks:
- Enhanced law enforcement presence on our campuses
- Reinforced safety protocols at all of our schools
- Increased safety and security training and drills with staff, students and local law enforcement
- Continued assessment of our campuses to strengthen security at all schools
- Implementation of advanced security technology at all of our schools
We want you to know that we will to do everything in our power to ensure our students and employees, along with family and visitors to our facilities, are safe, and have the support they need.
Visit http://www.leeschools.net/school-safety for more resources on Violence in Schools and Helping Children Cope.