The purpose of the Dress Code is to encourage students to focus on the learning process without the distractions of unsuitable dress and grooming. Students shall maintain a clean, orderly appearance at all times.
The responsibility for the personal appearance of the student rests with the parent/guardian and the student. Personal appearance shall not detract from the educational process. The following establishes the minimum acceptable standards for student dress to be interpreted and enforced by the administration or designee.
- Tennis shoes must be worn at PE. Students not wearing tennis shoes will perform an alternative assignment. Open toe sandals are discouraged (except for special occasions). Flip flops and slides are not permitted.
- Clothes must be adequate in length and coverage appropriate for school.
- Pants shall be worn fastened and at the waist.
- Shirts and blouses shall be appropriately fastened in accordance with the design of that shirt or blouse. The length shall extend beyond the waist.
- No see-through tops, bare midriff, strapless, low-cut clothing, or tops/outfits suggestive in nature, halters, backless dresses or tops, tub tops, tank tops, muscle shirts, or any clothing which may be distracting.
- No apparel that promotes the use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, or any other illegal activity, or any slogans considered controversial or obscene.
- No apparel that may be gang related. Gang apparel includes, but is not limited to jewelry, insignias, hats and baseball caps, prevalence or a certain color, gloves, bandanas, shoelaces, wristbands and other items identified as symbols of a gang.
- Hats and caps are prohibited except as permitted under School District guidelines for sun protection.
- Any article of clothing or jewelry that could likely cause injury-such as chains, bracelets, rings, chokers with or without spikes, or studes-are prohibited. Wallet chains of any length are prohibited.
THE SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO APPRAISE ANY CURRENT FASHION OR FAD AND DETERMINE WHETHER IT IS APPROPRIATE FOR SCHOOL.